Friday 17 May 2019

Handyman for Letters

Hi all dear crafty lovers, today i am going to share the tutorial of vintage letter rack. 



Another wonderful DIY base from TECS… TECS bases are beautiful  and at the same time very useful too. Stylish and sturdy wall mounted mail organizer with two pockets , provides great convenience and functionality to keep your mail, letters, small documents and catalogs etc in one place with easy accessibility. Let's start with the list of material we need to create this project-

Mod Podge
crackle medium


To start the project, first i applied the barley green chalk paint on the back piece of the organizer. After drying the base color i applied crackle medium on that and then painted soft sun chalk paint as the top coat. I just wanted to give the feel of crackle effect , so did not use very contrasting colors. 


 pic of crackle effect


For the front rack pieces , I applied mod podge on the surface and covered the surface with TECS bordure decoupage paper.  I gave distress effect with archival brown ink on the sides .


After drying the mod podge, I applied varnish on the front rack peices. Then I have used golden color outline tube to highlight some lines of the paper designs and decorated it with wooden cutout and metal vintage knob. I also colored the ball chain in brown color and stick that to give the border design to the flap pieces.


To give the back piece little darker effect, I did dabbing with brown color. Then I  assembled all the pieces together.


To give the final touches to my project, i applied brown color distress effect on the sides of the organizer and decorate it with resin embellishments. 

For resin embellishments, first I applied the gesso on the pieces and then color with brown chalk paint and gave some highlight with golden color.  I hope, you all will like the project. 

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. all suggestions and reviews are welcome. Thank you for reading my blog. HAPPY CRAFTING to all crafty lovers.

Thanks,
Anika


4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful n elegant work..love ur choice of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the vintage look.. it's just perfect ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog internet site online and appearance a couple of your early posts. Always maintain within the really good operate. I simply additional encourage RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading far more on your part at a later time!… check my blog

    ReplyDelete