Friday 26 April 2019

Ancient Time Teller

Hi all dear crafty friends, Anika here with an out of the box project for you all---Ancient
time teller...



A very beautiful base designed by our dear TECS team.  TECS team designs always amazed me with their details and inspire to give our best to make the project beautiful. Hope, you all will like the tutorial. So, lets start dears with the list of material that we need to make our project - 




List of material used from TECS---

Victorian Clock Base
Victorian Border Stencil
texture paste 
ball chain
Varnish
Crackle medium

In this project i did lots of stenciling (my favorite) and coloring. TECS stencils are very easy to use. Their transparency helps you to arrange your stencil in exactly at the place where you want them. 

To start my project i took the front part of the clock and divided that roughly according the stencil designs that I wanted. once i got satisfied with the designs, i did my stenciling with texture paste and paste the ball chain with mod podge around the edges. 


For the middle part , I have used Buddha decoupage paper. The particular sitting posture represents PEACE and Blissful--the house may be blessed with his blessings. 



On the right side of paper ,I have used gloss gel to give some texture effect. for the dial part, i gave crackle effect with barley green chalk paint and pasted ball chain.




After drying the gloss gel completely i gave shading with metallic bronze and red wine color and wiped the extra color with wet tissue.  


For the dial part, I colored the dial cutout with red wine chalk paint.



For the front i colored all with soft sun chalk paint. to prepare the base also, I paste the lace and ball chain around the edges and color all with the same color chalk paint.


After drying the color , I did two coats of varnish on the front part and leave that to dry complete. When the varnish got dry , I applied the red wine color on the stencil parts and wipe the extra color with the wet tissue. I did the same process 2-3 times , until I got the desired results. I gave crackle effect on the top and bottom of the front flap like we have in buddha pic and highlight the stencil work with red wine chalk paint. I have pasted the metal knobs both of the sides.


Now its time to paste all the parts together. I have used wood glue to stick the front and back parts together. I applied wood glue on the sides of the back part and paste the front part very carefully . Align the both parts very properly otherwise it will be difficult to get the parts get fit in the base slot. place the clock machine in the clock and cover that with acrylic glass. i used resin embellishments for the top design to give it vintage look. I applied the primer first and the gave two coats of red wine chalk paint and highlighted the curves with bronze metallic paint. 



   Then i fix the parts in the base slot and gave some final touches with bronze metallic paint to give shine my time teller. 



 Hope, you all will like the tutorial. Please give your valuable reviews and if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. Thank you all for reading my tutorial. HAPPY CRAFTING TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project with so much detailing 😍love it❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice project,love the crackle and texture effect

    Hugs
    Rituparna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous... just love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.. loved the textured effect😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anika, you are amazing with vintage stuff. Love it

    ReplyDelete