Monday 22 April 2019

Drawers of happiness

Hello crafty souls,
This is DT Semonti on TECS blog. Hope all you have good start of your crafty week. For my today’s project I choose vintage, shabby which is our monthly challenge theme. I love to do vintage projects. Here is my final project pic.


Used materials from the store: 
Step By Step Tutorial:
I got a beautiful chest drawer in my DT kit and I decided to do something vintage with it.




 First I cover all the drawers inside out and the base with white gesso. Then I stenciling with crackle paste on the side of the box and 3 stepped wall.


 For color I choose 2 shades matching with my paper pack and 2 shades of brown. Color the base and all drawers and let it dry.



Then decoupage 3 steps and 2 small drawers, and for the big drawers I create torn and burnt effect with papers. For that I have tear the papers with hand for uneven edges and decoupage it one side of the drawers. Then take deep brown acrylic color and shades between paper and paint portion for torn and burnt old print effects. 



Now apply crackle glaze on all the drawers front. After dry the crackle glaze I have rub deep brown oil paint all over it, wipe excess paint with wet cloth and then magic happen, all cracks appeared.


Distressing all whole base sides with deep brown acrylic paint and highlight the stenciling designs, dry brushing the base side and steppes walls with same brown color. 


Stick two sentiments sticker on two big drawers. Apply 2 coat of varnish all over the base. Now embellished my chest drawers with some miniatures, flowers and wooden sentiments. I cut one of the lady design from the paper pack and stuck it to the back of the vintage frame and place it middle step of my chest . Add a mini Eiffel Tower and some cute mini roses besides the frame. I used a paper doily, cut in half and ink it with brown ink. Placed it beneath the frame for vintage lace effect. Other half of doily I used on next step and put a miniature gramophone some flowers and a mini glass vial fill with glimmer dust.


For top step I took a wooden sentiment cover with same lavender glimmer dust. 


and stick it with some mini roses. Fussy cut some elements and punched butterflies from the paper pack. Stick them on 2 big drawers and here and there. Add metal legs and knockers onto base and drawers. Also add some pink stones for finishing touch. Now finished my project.


Hope, you all liked these drawers of happiness---



4 comments: